As a patient at UAP Clinic, you are a member of our healthcare team and play a vital role in your healthcare. As a member of this team, you are encouraged to ask questions and participate in decisions concerning your medical care.
As a valued member of your healthcare team, you are entitled to the following rights:
- To make decisions concerning your healthcare and the right to formulate advance directives.
- To have access to treatment regardless of race, creed, sex or national origin.
- To information concerning rights and responsibilities which are specific to the department in which you are being treated.
- To care which is considerate, respectful and sensitive to your personal values and belief system.
- To consultations as needed to resolve ethical dilemmas regarding care.
- To appropriate instruction and/or education from healthcare personnel.
- To receive sufficient information to make informed decisions about your care.
- To have a designated decision-maker in the event you are or become incompetent or are otherwise unable to make decisions (ie: pediatric patients).
- To an interpreter if you are hearing impaired.
- To have access to your medical records according to Clinic policy.
- To examine and receive an explanation of your bill regardless of the source of payment.
- To be interviewed, examined, and treated in surroundings designed to give reasonable visual and auditory privacy.
- To voice a grievance to the Clinic staff and governing body.
- To receive care that is delivered in a safe and secure environment.
You also have the following responsibilities:
- To supply accurate and complete information about past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications and other matters relating to their care.
- To notify the physician or nurse about any change in your condition.
- To participate in your own healthcare by following instructions and medical advice.
- To ask questions if you do not understand directions and procedures, or if you cannot follow them.
- To cooperate with UAP Clinic staff in observing safety regulations and policies.
- To respect others' property and that of UAP Clinic.
- To observe the Clinic's ban on smoking.
- To be considerate of others by limiting noise.
- To be considerate of Clinic personnel who are involved in providing your healthcare.
- To meet financial obligations for services rendered.